Special public information maeeting
Town of Dayton (TOD) and Little Hope Lake District (LHLD)
Public Informational Hearing
November 11, 2014 5pm-9pm Waupaca High School Auditorium
Pursuant to Chapter 19 of the Wisconsin Statutes, the TOD and LHLD will hold a Public Informational Hearing to allow TOD and LHLD board members an opportunity to obtain comments from TOD residents and land owners on the questions set forth below. No action will be taken at this meeting.
In an effort to hear from as many residents / property owners as possible, each individual will have 3- 4 minutes to speak. All individuals wishing to provide comment will be asked to provide residency and / or ownership information and will be required to speak at the podium. The hearing will be recorded.
Comments are sought only on the following questions:
- Do you believe the impoundment/mill pond should be preserved?
- If you believe the impoundment should be preserved, do you support efforts by TOD or LHLD to attempt to gain ownership of the dam?
If the dam is transferred to TOD or LHLD.
- Should all the costs be assessed to LHLD (or the riparian owners) or should TOD share in the costs?
- If you believe TOD should share in the costs, what percentage of the cost do you think should be TOD’s responsibility?
For more information contact the Town Office 715-258-0930 or look on the web at www.town-dayton.com
Town of Dayton N629 East Road Waupaca, WI 54981
If you are unable to make the hearing in person, you may submit a one page letter to the TOD and LHLD boards. This letter is to answer the four (4) questions above.
This letter must be Notarized and received by November 7, 2014.
2015 Town of Dayton Budget
Budget Public Hearing November 18 6pm Link to notice
Followed by Special Town Meeting of the electors Link to Budget
Followed by the November Board Meeting
Town of Dayton Meetings
- 2014 Tuesday November 18 7PM Town Board Meeting November 16, 2014
- 2014 Monday December 15 7pm Town Board Meeting November 5, 2014
- 2014 Tuesday December 09 7PM Planning Commission Meeting November 4, 2014
- 2014 November 18 6pm Budget Hearing and Special Town Meeting November 1, 2014
- 2014 November 11 5PM Public Meeting on Little Hope Dam October 30, 2014
Town of Dayton Newsletter
The Town of Dayton Newsletter E-Mail notifications of Town Board meeting agendas has been temporarily suspended due to spam links. We are attempting to fix the problem and may need to request that interested residents reregister once our issue is repaired.
Agendas will continue to be posted on this site.
Town of Dayton 2015 Revaluation
The Town of Dayton has contracted assessment services with Accurate Appraisal, LLC to complete a Revaluation for 2015 of all residential and commercial properties.
Property owners should be aware of the following items:
· The purpose of the revaluation is to insure that properties are assessed on a
fair and equitable basis. Our goal is to bring assessments to fair market value
for the entire city.
- Starting Monday, September 22, 2014, Accurate Appraisal will begin the process of doing physical inspections of all residential and commercial properties. An appraiser will be going door to door visiting each property to complete a physical inspection of the exterior of the home. You don’t need to be home for us to complete this exterior inspection. All of our Assessors will have an Accurate I.D. badge and a vehicle with the Accurate logo on each side.
- · For additional information or questions call Accurate Appraisal, LLC at 1-800-770-3927 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Road Right of Way Maintenance
The Town of Dayton Road crew will resume working on removal of dead, diseased, or hazourdus trees in the Town road right of way on two town roads included in the State Rustic Road System -Emmons Creek Road and Rural Road. They will continue to remove other identified trees in the road right of way and where hazards are identified.
Right of Way maintenace will continue this fall on
West Road in preparation of roadwork and bridge replacement scheduled for 2015
West Road additional segments
South Radley Road
Stratton Lake Road
Update on Little Hope Dam
A WI DNR Contested Case Hearing to wrapped up 0n August 8. The Adminstrative Judge is expected to make his decision this fall.
Waupaca County has filed a petition with the WI DNR requesting an approval to remove the Little Hope Dam crossing the Crystal River at the Red Mill. This historic structure dates back to 1855 and is a significant historical part of the Town of Dayton. Local officials and residents have made numerous attempts to request a transfer to the Little Hope Lake District so the dam can be rebuilt; however Waupaca County officials have refused to discuss a transfer.
Local officials and residents requested a public hearing before the DNR. The DNR has judge heard testimoney in favor of removing the dam on June 3-4, 2014 and again on June 25, 2014 in Waupaca.
For additional information Click on this Folder
The Town of Dayton has a opening for a ordinance enforcement officer. The ordinance enforcement officer would respond to complaints, educate local residents, and enforce town ordinances in the areas of parkiing, nuisances, outdoor signs, and waterways. This position does not necessarily required a current law enforcement background and is not a town constable poistion. Please contact Chris Klein, town chairman at 715-281-2917 or email@example.com.
The Town of Dayton has two openings for town roadway maintnenace employees to work on the towns crew including tree trimming and maintaing roadway signs. Prior tree trimming work, bucket truck operations and/ or CDL license are prefered but not required. Please contact Chris Klein, town chairman at 715-281-2917 or firstname.lastname@example.org.